Masaryk quarter

Trail begins: Tomáše G. Masaryka 527
GPS: 49.8728925N, 16.3055786E, stáhnout GPX nebo KML

At the very beginning of the First Republic, Litomyšl was constrained within a narrow valley on one side bordered by the River Loučná and on the other side by the chateau hill and the adjoining Záhradí suburb. Systematic construction work started on the so-called Osický Hill after 1918 when the representative Masaryk Quarter came into being as a counterpart to the chateau hill. It is through this quarter that the trail winds its way, pointing out significant schools and public buildings as well as the first apartment buildings, and villas of the local elite with their facades looking out over the historical town. During subsequent decades, the extensive construction of apartment buildings and later, of two new schools, was undertaken. 



 

04
Audio guide
Project organiser


Project partners


Project supporters
   


   
   
Mediální podpora


Partner project

Copyright © The Brno House of Arts , Via Aurea s.r.o., Town Gallery Litomyšl
The texts and images accessible on the server lam.litomysl.cz are the subject of copyright laws. They have been provided by the owners and reproduced solely for LAM, therefore further reproduction is forbidden without prior written permission.