The proclamation of the independent Czechoslovak Republic instigated a richer chapter in local construction development and gave rise to the long-awaited, new Masarykova, Fügnerova and Husova quarters. As a district town and centre of the region in the early 1920s, Litomyšl had to consider not only new public but also private building construction and moreover, face an increase in the number of people from rural areas and the subsequent need for new housing. Thanks to the development of road transport, the town managed to slowly break out of its previous isolated position. However, any interest in the “architectonic culture” of new buildings was, in this still provincial town, non-existent.



 

1918–1938
Project organiser


Project partners


Project supporters


Mediální podpora


Partner project

Copyright © The Brno House of Arts , Via Aurea s.r.o., Town Gallery Litomyšl
The texts and images accessible on the server lam.litomysl.cz are the subject of copyright laws. They have been provided by the owners and reproduced solely for LAM, therefore further reproduction is forbidden without prior written permission.